The New Mercedes-AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe
An elegant and electrified SUV coupe that exemplifies The Best Or Nothing attitude. Excellent driving dynamics and agility all powered by a handcrafted AMG® 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine, featuring an electrified EQ Boost starter-generator and a 48-volt on-board electrical system. Mercedes-Benz Media Newsroom USA shares with us everything we need to know about the new elegant and electrified coupe that has superb agility and driving dynamics – the new Mercedes-AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe.
The New Mercedes-AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe
Equipped with an AMG® 4.0-liter V8 BiTurbo engine
Electrified EQ Boost starter-generator
48-volt on-board electrical system
AMG® RIDE CONTROL+
AMG® ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL roll stabilization
Fully variable AMG® Performance 4MATIC®+ All-Wheel Drive
AMG® SPEED SHIFT TCT 9-speed automatic transmission
AMG®-specific radiator grille in high-gloss chrome
Standard 22-inch AMG® wheels
AMG® exhaust system with two rectangular high-gloss chrome tailpipe trim elements
Available AMG® Night Package that includes heat-insulating, dark-tinted windows and also the front splitter, front and rear bumper trim, inserts in the side skirts, mirror caps and window frames in dignified black.
Exclusive Nappa Leather AMG® seats
Three-spoke AMG® Performance steering wheel with aluminum shift paddles
AMG® Drive Unit steering wheel buttons
AMD stainless steel sports pedals
AMG® black floor mats
EQ Boost starter-generator in the AMG® 4.0-liter V8 BiTurbo Engine
A combination of a starter motor and an alternator in a single, powerful electric motor integrated between the engine and the transmission
The AMG® 4.0-liter VS engine works with the well-proven twin turbocharging, where the two exhaust—gas turbochargers are arranged between the cylinder banks. This “hot inside V” allows for a compact engine design and the immediate response of the exhaust-gas turbochargers.
AMG® DYNAMIC SELECT and AMG® DYNAMICS
With Seven DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs available including Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual, RACE, Trail and Sand allow for different driving experiences with a wide range of comfort and agile sportiness. The modes modify the response of the engine, transmission, suspension and steering.
- “Comfort”: comfortable and fuel-efficient driving, e.g. thanks to early upshifts. Suspension and steering are set up for an emphasis on comfort.
- “Sport”: sporty characteristics thanks to more agile response to accelerator pedal commands, shorter shift times, earlier and more precise downshifts owing to double-declutching. More dynamic suspension setup.
- “Sport+”: extremely sporty characteristics thanks to an even more agile throttle response, double-declutching on downshifts and targeted torque interventions on upshifts with cylinder deactivation for optimized shift times. Increased idle speed for faster pulling away. An even more dynamic setup for suspension, steering and powertrain.
- “Individual”: individual adjustment of the drive system, transmission, AMG® DYNAMICS, suspension and exhaust system. In addition, the gliding function is available in the “Reduced” and “Moderate” drive settings.
- “RACE”: the “RACE” drive program is designed for highly dynamic driving on closed race circuits. In this program, all of the parameters are configured for maximum performance.
- “Trail”: safe driving at maximum performance on soft, muddy or slippery ground. The suspension is raised to a higher level. From 43 mph the suspension is automatically lowered again.
- “Sand”: the adjustments to the suspension and the 4MATIC®+ all-wheel drive are made for sporty driving on loose, sandy surfaces. The suspension is raised to a higher level. From 43 mph the suspension is automatically lowered again.
Drive programs are linked to the AMG® DYNAMICS agility control, which means that the handling characteristics can be matched with different requirements and driving conditions. AMG® DYNAMICS has different agility functions “Basic”, “Advanced”, “Pro” and “Master”, whose functions are automatically selected by the respective drive program. “Traction” and “Slide” levels come into effect in the Off-Road “Trail” and “Sand” drive programs when the ESP® is deactivated.
MBUX infotainment system
The MBUX infotainment system comes standard in the GLE 63 S Coupe. Designed with a Supersport mode that provides AMG® specific information, such as the feature known as “shiftlight.”
Visit Mercedes-Benz Media Newsroom USA for more information about the new Mercedes-AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe. Stop by Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown and explore Mercedes-AMG® vehicles. Test-drive vehicles like the New 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE 43 Coupe or the New 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLC 43 SUV. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to seeing you at our Mercedes-Benz dealership located at 630 Middle Country Road, Saint James, NY!