Paws of War
Founded in 2014, with over 900 volunteers and 102 graduates to date, Paws of War aims to train and place shelter dogs to serve and provide independence to our U.S. military Veterans who suffer from the emotional effects of trauma from war. With the help of Paws of War, each Veteran can experience the restorative and unconditional love that only a companion animal can provide.
Since 2014, Paws of War has rescued 455 dogs, visited 89 dog shelters, and attended over 200 community events!
Paws of War provides service dogs and training to veterans who:
- Have served in any branch of the uniformed services at any time
- Have received an honorable or a general (under honorable conditions) discharge
- Have a disabling medical condition, connected to one’s service
- Have met all Paws of War requirements for application into the program, applied, and been accepted into the program
- Have successfully completed all of the required Paws of War training and met certification requirements
There is absolutely no cost to Veterans for the service dogs or the services that are provided, such as rescuing, training, and placement of the dogs!
Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown is proud to be a partner of Paws of War for community events and charitable donations. We have donated $100 per sold car during certain times of the year!
Click here to donate to Paws of War!
Once you’ve checked out Paws of War, consider visiting us at Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown, at 630 Middle Country Rd, St James, New York 11780, to see some of our brand new models such as the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 350 Hybrid or the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV! Whatever it is that you are searching for, here at Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown, our skillful team will gladly assist you in finding your dream car! Contact us at 631-265-2204 to speak with a Sales Consultant or to schedule a test drive today!