Mercedes-Benz AMG®-GT Roadster
The new 2019 Mercedes AMG®-GT Roadster has arrived!
The new Mercedes AMG®-GT Roadster has finally arrived at Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown. Sporting a 4.0L twin turbo v8, with 577 horsepower at 6,250 rpm, this car can go from 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds, with a top speed of 197 mph. All of these things add up to the reason behind the Mercedes AMG®-GT Roadster being mentioned on Automobile Magazine‘s 2018 All-stars list.
Features of the new 2019 Mercedes AMG®-GT Roadster:
- Front fenders have been replaced with carbon fiber panels that add 1.8 in. to the width of the front of the GT R Roadster compared to the GT S Roadster
- Larger duct to extract hot air from the engine bay
- Prominent adjustable rear wing with integral third brake light
- Rear bumper has been redesigned with an additional horizontal air duct, a large multi-channel diffuser, and a large centrally mounted twin-channel tailpipe.
- Three layered fabric roof is still the same but is now available in an additional color
- New turbochargers, reworked engine-mapping program, higher compression ratio, new titanium exhaust system
- 7-Speed dual-clutch gearbox receives revised ratios, longer first gear, and shorter seventh gear
- Standard 19 in. front and 20 in. rear forged-aluminum wheels come with 275/35 and 325/30 low profile tires.
- Below 62 mph the rear wheels are turned in the opposite direction to those at the front for added maneuverability and agility.
- Above 62 mph the rear wheels turn in the same direction as the front wheels, for added steering response and stability at high speeds.
- Standard brake package: Steel ventilated and perforated 15.3 in. front and 14.2 in. rear steel discs. (Can be replaced by Carbon-ceramic discs, saving 33 lbs.)
For more information on the new Mercedes, AMG®-GT Roadster click here.
Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown, servicing all of your automotive needs.