How to Change Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
You were hoping the day would never come… your Mercedes-Benz car key batteries have finally died. Believe it or not, you can easily replace your car key batteries within a few minutes. Our team at Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown has broken down the procedure into a few simple steps. We highly recommend keeping CR2025 batteries around your house so you are prepared for when the time comes.
Mercedes-Benz Chrome Key with Round Panic Button
The chrome Mercedes-Benz car key with a round panic button requires two CR2025 batteries.
- Slide the black tab to release and remove the metal key
- Use the metal key to unlock the key insert (the part inside the key that holds the batteries) and slide it out of the key
- Slide out both batteries. Be sure to pay attention to the + and – orientations of each battery.
- Slide new batteries in. Slide the key insert into the key fob. Slide the metal key into the key until it locks.
Mercedes-Benz Chrome Key with Triangle Panic Button
The chrome Mercedes-Benz car key with a triangle panic button requires a CR2025 battery.
- Slide the release at the end of the key to remove the metal key from the key fob.
- Use the metal key to pry out the back cover of the key fob.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to remove the battery.
- Replace the old battery with a new one. The + sign of the battery needs to be facing out.
- Put the back cover back on and insert the metal key into the key.
Mercedes-Benz Black Case Key
The black Mercedes-Benz car key uses a CR2025 battery.
- Slide the release at the back end of the key to remove the metal key.
- Insert the metal key into the exposed gap to release the key insert which holds the batteries.
- Remove the batteries. Pay attention to the + and – battery orientations.
- Install new batteries. Slide the key insert back into the key and put the metal key back into the key fob.
We hope the above information helps you quickly replace your Mercedes-Benz car key batteries. Contact our Service Department at 888-693-2406 with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your car keys. Schedule a service online or stop by our Express Service. We look forward to seeing you at our Mercedes-Benz dealership located at 630 Middle Country Road, Saint James, NY!