Spring on Long Island
The first day of Spring is on March 20th! When the warm weather finally hits Long Island, you won’t want to be sitting around the house any longer! Here is a list of some family-friendly activities for Springtime on Long Island.
Soar through some trees
- If your family is looking for an adrenaline rush, take a trip to the Adventure Park in Wheatley Heights. Eight different rope courses, among five acres of trees. For fees and more information call (631) 983-3844
- A memorial day tradition at Jones Beach in Wantagh, this is a can’t-miss event on Long Island that shows off world-class military and civilian fliers. Make sure to pack some earplugs for the little ones!
- In late April, at Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay, your children can experience a combination of education and entertainment. This event includes live music, a petting zoo, free access to the Coe Hall and its exhibits, and tons of outdoor activities.
- Old Westbury Gardens is home to flower gardens, trails, lakes, picnic areas, and more. There are many children’s events and mini log cabins for them to play in. Call (516)333-0048 for fees
- Check out the vintage 1920’s carousel at Mitchell Park in Greenport. Call (631)477-0248 for fees. Ext.211
- With over 20 rides and a haunted house, there are plenty of things for children and adults to enjoy. (631)694-6868
- At Cupsogue Beach County Park in Westhampton Beach, you can take a mile and a half long guided walk to see seals with CRESLI (Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island) between May and November (631)244-3352
Long Island Duck’s Game
- Take your family out to a ball game! Root for your home team, the Long Island Ducks at the Bethpage Ballpark. (3 Court House Drive, Central Islip)
- At the Long Island Game Farm in Manorville, children can bottle-feed baby animals, enjoy carnival-style rides and more!
Camp out at Wildwood
- The campgrounds at Wildwood State Park in Wading River features restrooms, showers, grills, fishing, a hiking trail, sand volleyball courts, basketball nets, and a ball field. (631)929-4314
- At Tiki Action Park in Centereach, you and your family can enjoy,mini-golf, go-carts, a 40-game arcade, and more! (631) 471-1267
- Check out butterflies, birds, bugs, coral reef, otters, penguins, sea lions, seals, and so much more with your family at the LI Aquarium & Exhibition Center in Riverhead.
Whether you’re flying in from MacArthur airport or leaving the Ronkonkoma train station, stop into our showroom at, Mercedes Benz of Smithtown 630 Middle Country Road, St. James, NY 11780, to see a vehicle in person, or give us a call at (877) 862-7343 to speak to a Sales Consultant today!